Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quito Wins!


Today I was part of a true Latin American experience- futbol.  Quito played Barcelona from Guayaquil in Quito at the Estadio Olimpico this afternoon. I went with Ellie, her host father, host brother and Janelle.  The energy in the stadium was ridiculous! Everyone was chanting, singing and yelling. We ate delicious stadium food which included empanadas de morocho for $1 and chochoes with tostadas for $.50. (A HUGE beer was $1.) Quito won 1-0. 

 The field before the game. Our side of the stadium was packed. The side across the field (the expensive tickets- with shade!) didn't ever really fill up completely. 

 Stadium food- delicious empanadas de morocho. So greasy that my fingers left grease prints on my hat.

 Janelle and me in our sweet new Quito hats. 

The fireworks for Guayaquil. (I have a pretty sweet video of the Quito fireworks- red and blue- but I have no idea how to upload it.)

 Quito wins 1-0!

Outside of the stadium a few hours after the game was over minus my Quito hat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment