Sunday, July 24, 2011

El TeleferiQo


Today I went to the TeleferiQo (a combination of teleferico and Quito) with Ellie and Maggie. The gondola lift takes you to 13,400 feet to the top of Pichincha (the volcano on the west side of Quito). It was freezing and super windy at the top of the volcano. There were amazing views of the city and I saw some of the other Ecuadorean volcanoes in the distance.

 It was so windy at the top of Pichincha, but the views were incredible. 

 The tiny city below. And by tiny I mean huge, sprawling city. From the top you can see for miles and miles, but you can't see where Quito begins or ends. 

The view to the southwest of the city- completely unsettled and green. Why yes, those are clouds behind me. 

 Another volcano (I think it's Cotopaxi) in the distance, east of Quito.

 On the gondola ride down. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! Could you even breathe up there -- I can't imagine how thin the air was!

    ReplyDelete